The Essential Aldo Colombini -Volume 3
- HAVE A NICE DAY - Sure to be one of the most talked about
effects in this series, a card is signed and returned to the pack. Several
cards are removed and the spectators are shown that the selected card is not
among them. A smiley-face sticker is attached to the back of a card but soon,
there are smiley-faces on the backs of all the cards! Just as suddenly, the
smiley-faces disappear from all of the cards save one—the spectator’s
signed selection. A great walk-around item!
- FOUR RED CARD TRICK - The classic Homing Card done with
jumbo cards. A black card continuously reappears among four red cards and
at the finish, the cards are shown to be all black - and then all red!
- BAREFOOT IN THE PARK - Three cards are selected in what
seems to be a very strange game of Poker. Then, a spectator who never saw
the original selections chooses three cards—they turn out to be the
- MINI-MAXI - A standard gag that produces two astonishing
predictions. This is an effect that you’ll put right into your working
- GET THE BALL ROLLING - Aldo’s version of the classic
ball routine that’s performed entirely in the hands without the need
for a table or handkerchief. It looks like difficult manipulation but you’ll
be doing it in no time!
- RUBBER ILLUSION - A Queen stretches to twice its length
and then—if you blink, you’ll miss it!—it visibly changes
into a miniature card. You’ll fool yourself with this transformation!
- PACKED BAGS - A card is freely selected and even though
the spectator shuffled the deck beforehand, the selection is seen to match
the performer’s prediction.
- THROW IN THE SPONGE - Just when you thought
all of the entertainment potential had been wrung out of sponge balls, Aldo
will delight you with his routine, full of comedy and audience participation.
- THAT’S AMORE - The performer and spectator become
two Cupids as they magically pair the Kings and Queens and, appropriately,
a message of love appears on the backs of the cards.
- ANOTHER’S BET - Two coins travel between the performer’s
hands and even back and forth from his pocket until, as a finale, a jumbo
coin appears. A great coin routine for close-up and stand-up performances.
- PERPETUAL CALENDAR - A spectator shuffles a pack of cards
and uses them to determine a specific day. A pocket calendar with playing
cards printed next to every day is introduced and the spectator is asked to
look up the card next to their day. The card matches the prediction!
- ULTI-MATE-M - Jumbo playing cards, cut into quarters, are
introduced and four spectators each select a random quarter. When the pieces
are assembled, it’s found that three match but one is part of a completely
different card. Not to worry, however, as the performer’s prediction
matches exactly—including the mismatched piece!
- HEART TO HEART - A Two of Hearts is shown and the performer
apparently plucks off the pips, producing two sponge hearts and leaving behind
a totally blank-faced card! After some magical by-play with the hearts, the
performer miraculously merges them into one jumbo heart! This is a routine
guaranteed to warm the real hearts of your audience!